Sunday, May 1, 2011

and where to start continued....

Ok I am going back a bit..with all the Adriano Zumbo hype that was going on last year I decided it was time to try macarons. So I bought a book called I love macarons by Hisako Ogita and tried a recipe in there. Not much happened...they were very flat although they did taste nice.

Well it seems that once you get the macaron bug you have to keep going..so I tried again. After much blog searching..I found the myfoodgeek site http://www.myfoodgeek.com/2007/06/08/almost-foolproof-macarons/. I wont post too much about detail or 'feet' but I will say it's a great place to look for troubleshooting.

Thankfully this site gives great tips..and my next batch worked. So i officially have the macaron bug now. My macarons were vanilla with coffee buttercream and were given out as christmas gifts.



No comments:

Post a Comment